Grand opening celebrations of the new Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital kicked off on Tuesday with a Family and Friends Night, and wrapped up with the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Thursday Sept 05, marking this special occasion.
Volunteer members of our Charity Golf Classic were called upon this week for a sneak peek of the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital in Saskatoon on behalf of REMAX Crown Real Estate.
The meaningful come and go of the event gave guests a sneak preview of the facility, before the hospital officially opens to patients on Sept 29. Guests also enjoyed many family-friendly activities available on the main floor of the hospital, including a photo booth, video station, children’s hospital trivia and a preview of the Foundation’s gift shop.
A Block Party event also took place earlier on Tuesday to start off the week of festivities. The party gave stakeholders, partners and other related organizations an opportunity to see the provincial facility and become familiar with the services and programs the hospital will offer.
“These celebrations are about showing gratitude and recognizing all of those throughout this province as to what we can accomplish together,” said Brynn Boback-Lane, President and CEO of Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation. “The opening of Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital represents years of vision, dedication and generosity from Saskatchewan people.”
Facts about the Building of the Hospital
1. More than 1.6 million hours of construction work went into the building of the hospital.
2. During peak construction in November 2017, Peak manpower reached over 400 workers per day.
3. The hospital required over 77,000 pieces of equipment and furniture.
4. In addition to physicians, over 2,400 staff have received orientation and training.
5. Construction of the hospital required over:
1,000 Pounds of drywall screws
8,100 Gallons of paint
39,500 sheets of drywall
33,800 Cubic meters of Concrete
6. The total building area of the New Maternal and Children’s Hospital is over 400,000 square feet.
Catch the latest on the Hospitals opening celebrations use #JPCHOpening and #HopeLivesHere
Read the full Media Release:
New Children’s Hospital Celebrates Grand Opening